Saturday, April 07, 2007

Paul Mcmahon



There is a small town around here named Phoenicia that I like to frequent. It is situated 15 minutes from where I live. I went there last night to eat at a place I like called Brios. They have brick oven pizza that is quite tasty. As I was leaving wondering what I should do with the rest of my night as it was only 9:30 I noticed a light on in some art gallery on the second floor of a duplex I was passing. I saw people walking about inside and said hey what the hell. I parked and walked up into the place. I walked around and looked at the abstract art inside. There were also some beautiful oil paintings of landscapes and such that I must say were exquisite. As my walk around the place was complete, I noticed a small bunch of friendly Phoenicians (maybe 15-20) sitting and listening to a man playing his guitar and singing. What drew me to that room was this mans angelic voice. His voice and lyrics have a keen likeship to the beatles. He is more of a genius than John Lennon. His voice is absolutely amazing. I grabbed a seat in the middle of the small crowd as if drawn there in a trance. This man sings and conveys his thoughts of the world in an amazing and vivid way. He moves his lips and strokes his guitar to produce music that is enlightening and refreshing. He sings from his heart about the same stuff I write about here in my blog. This man is a diamond in the rough. He is from Woodstock where there are many artists. He though, might just be one of the finest singers I have ever heard. LITERALLY. I sat entranced not able to budge from my seat until he finished. I dont think I blinked once for the entire hour that he was singing I went and introduced myself to him. I asked him if he has an agent and he said no. I wondered why he isnt popular and why I haven't heard of him. I asked him if he would travel to the city for events and he said yes. I really do hope to introduce people I know to his beautiful music. I got his number and bought from him 2 cds which I have listened to and love. I cant believe he is not on the radio and as popular as the beatles as his music is BETTER!. I know this sounds extreme but its true. I am so truly glad to have been introduced to this mans music. Fate led me to this place and I found an amazing singer whos music I will enjoy listening to forever. Paul, you are the fucking man! He has a myspace page where you can listen to a couple of his songs. http://www.myspace.com/paulmcmahon Listen to his music. Promote him. The world needs to know of this genius. There are many people up here that dont have the knowledge or the resources to get to where they need and deserve to be and this man needs to be on the top of the charts. Lets help him out...

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    Im one of the artists that run The Arts Upstairs, where you saw Paul's concert. I share your enthusiasm for Paul's work, plus he's a great guy and a compassionate soul. Why don't you come by the opening Apr 21 and meet some peeps. Sat. 4/14 there is an opening a Christina Varga's place in Woodstock, next to the Cinema. Your taste in art seems to run to the traditional and Christina's artists tend to be reckless outsiders, but if you love art, you'll find something you like I'm sure, and the crowd is lively and friendly.
    /b.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx, it was sent.